On this page:
Our commitment to you
At Defence Housing Australia (DHA) we are committed to providing high-quality housing and related services to members of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and their families. We are also dedicated to supporting DHA investors who are a key enabler to provisioning housing to ADF members.
DHA is a customer focused organisation committed to delivering excellent customer service at all levels and to building strong, positive and friendly relationships with all our stakeholders. We are professionals who listen to our customers, working with you to understand your individual needs to come to better outcomes in line with policy. We will take the time to explain decisions while also providing accurate, clear and timely information to assist with any enquiries to be fully transparent at all times.
DHA strives to continuously improve the way we do business with you. We are committed to delivering simplified processes and seek to meet customer expectations, ensuring that information relating to any changes are communicated in advance.
We will seek feedback on our services to ensure they meet the needs of our customers and will ensure all complaints are registered, acknowledged and managed giving proper consideration to your concerns and responding efficiently.
Impartial > Committed to Service > Accountable > Respectful > Ethical
Integrity > Balance > Unity > Courage > Passion
Our promise to you
When you deal with us, we will:
- be courteous, fair, ethical and professional
- be positive and helpful to you and provide reasons for any decisions we make
- provide you with assistance when required and keep you informed
- answer your enquiries or requests accurately and in a timely manner
- respect your privacy.
How you can help
You can help us provide the best possible service by:
- treating our staff, contractors and lessors honestly, and with respect and courtesy
- being mindful that we are required to administer within Defence policy
- advising us if your personal circumstances change
- allowing reasonable access to your home where required by DHA
- keeping your house clean, tidy and free from damage during your tenancy.
Tell us what you think
Your feedback is welcome and provides us with an opportunity to improve our service to you. Of course, compliments are also welcome.
- Take part in DHA’s telephone, postal and online surveys
- Talk to our staff at your local regional office
- Call our National Housing Network: 139 342 (139 DHA)
- Email our National Customer Service Team
- Write us a letter:
National Customer Service Manager
Defence Housing Australia 26 Brisbane Avenue
Barton ACT 2600
Our complaint resolution process is designed to ensure that matters are dealt with in a fair and timely manner.
The process provides:
- an opportunity to have your concerns heard and investigated
- a clear and direct process to resolve the dispute
- a fair and independent review
- a clear explanation of any decisions.
If you have a concern or complaint in relation to any aspect of our service you should:
- contact your local DHA regional office or contact centre manager where our staff will try to resolve the issue or complaint and provide you with a timely response. If necessary, they will consult the Defence relocations and housing manager (DRHM) in your region
- ask to have the matter escalated to your local regional director or contact centre manager if you are not satisfied.
The regional director will review your case and propose a resolution
- request a formal meeting with the regional director, the DRHM and other relevant stakeholders if your complaint is unable to be resolved by the regional director
- request your case be reviewed by the relevant DHA national business line manager if a suitable resolution is not reached during a formal meeting at the regional office
- escalate your complaint by contacting DHA’s National Customer Service Team if all other options have been exhausted without a suitable resolution having.