Emergency repairs are for items that affect the immediate health, safety or security of you, your family or the property.
- Burst water pipes or no water
- Serious flooding
- Sewer blockage
- Complete loss of power
- Electrical faults
- Internal lights and power fittings affected by water
- Gas leaks
- Fire or storm damage
- Loss of all toilet facilities
How to log Emergency repairs
- Call 139 342 (24 hours 7 days a week)
What you can expect
- A contractor will respond to your emergency request within four hours.
- The repair work will be completed within 24 hours of receiving the request (unless the repair work is greater than first anticipated, in which case it may take longer).
- If you request a repair that is not considered an emergency you will be directed to log a routine repair.
- Natural disasters in Australia can include heatwaves, bushfires, droughts, floods, severe storms and tropical cyclones, earthquakes, tsunamis and landslides.
- For assistance, please call 000 or the State Emergency Service on 132 500.