If you are unable to attend a scheduled inspection at your property, you may appoint an agent to attend on your behalf. This could be your partner or another chosen representative.
Please note, your appointed agent cannot attend a welcome visit on your behalf. If you are unable to attend your welcome visit you can:
- Raise an enquiry via Online Services, or
- If your face-to-face welcome visit is within the next 72 hours, you will need to contact us on 139 342.
More information on welcome visits, including self service options can be found under the 'What is a welcome visit' FAQ under the 'Applying for a Service Residence' section above.
What can they do?
Your appointed agent can:
- Accept full responsibility for standard carpet cleaning expenses and any non-fair wear-and-tear items identified
- Accept actual or potential cost details as explained on the signed Inspection Condition Report (ICR)
- Accept all aspects associated with return/acceptance of the property to Defence Housing Australia
- Allow access to the property in the event of an emergency when the tenant is unavailable.
An appointed agent does not have the authority to perform all functions in online services which relate to you as a Defence member unless they have also been appointed as a delegate. If you would like to appoint a delegate to your Online Services account, please see the 'How do I appoint a delegate for Online Services' FAQ in the drop down directly below.
How to appoint an agent
You can appoint an agent through Online Services.
- Go to 'My Account', 'My Profile' and then 'Manage Agents'
- Click ‘Appoint an Agent’
- Follow the prompts to enter the relevant contact details*
- Read and accept the confirmation before selecting ‘Appoint as Agent’
- Once created, it will sit in pending status until the agent responds to the automatic email notification to accept or reject the request.
*Please note, if you are asked to enter a confirmation key, this will be your chosen mix of numbers and letters (e.g., 1234). You will need to provide the confirmation key to your nominated agent for them to use when accepting your request, noting it is case sensitive.
How will I know if it’s been accepted or rejected?
You will get an email notification letting you know if the appointment of agent request was accepted or rejected.
If accepted, the appointed agent will have their own username and password to log in to Online Services.
What can my appointed agent see in Online Services?
The appointed agent will only see the below if they have been added as an attendee to any inspections (future and past inspection dates):
- Inspection Reason
- Inspection Date and Time
- Property Address
- Completed inspections.
Can I remove an appointed agent?
Yes, you can remove your appointed agent at any time in your Online Services account. In the ‘Manage Agents’ section select the bin icon and follow the prompts.