Helpful Information

Helpful information and contacts

Defence community relations

We work closely with Defence Member and Family Support, Defence Families of Australia, and the Defence Special Needs Support Group to ensure we understand the needs of Defence families.


To ensure we are providing the level of service required by Defence members and their families, we regularly conduct surveys. We appreciate your time and effort in responding to these surveys which are designed to help us determine how best to help you.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Visit our FAQ page to discover everything you need to know about your housing.

Our Online Services portal enables you to interact with DHA conveniently and digitally for a range of enquiry types. You can also report and view maintenance and update your information here.

Our complaint management process provides an opportunity to have your concerns heard and investigated. If you have a concern or complaint in relation to any aspect of our service, please submit an Online Enquiry to have this resolved.

What you can expect from us

  • Your concern or complaint will be acknowledged within 2 business days
  • We aim to resolve complaints within 21 days. This may take longer due to complexity of the matter, availability of facts and internal resources
  • We will keep you updated on the progress and provide an explanation of any decisions

More information on the complaint process including ways you can contact us is available in the Customer Care section of our website.

Defence Housing Australia

Please submit an enquiry through your Online Services.
139 DHA (139 342)

Toll Transitions

1800 819 167
SMS: 0488 855 796
Home | TOLL Transferee Website (

Defence Call Centre

1800 DEFENCE (1800 333 3623)

Defence Member and Family Support 

Defence Families of Australia

1800 100 509

Defence Special Needs Support Group

1800 037 674 

Defence Pay and Conditions Manual (PACMAN)

Australia Post Mail Redirect

Defence Relocations and Housing Managers

If you need to get in contact with us, please submit an enquiry via Online Services.
If you have an urgent enquiry, you can call us on 139 342.