We understand that personal circumstances can change, and that you may want to sell the property during the term of the lease. You can sell the property at any time, however the property must be sold with the lease and property care agreement in place.
We have a panel of real estate agents that are familiar with our property investment program, lease terms and property care contract. These agents will offer competitive commission rates and advertising fees. We can liaise directly with the panel agent and promote your listing on our website.
A step-by-step guide on how to sell your DHA mid-lease property.
Step 1. Contact the DHA Mid-lease Sales team
- Email email@example.com (or call 139 342) and advise of your intentions to sell your DHA investment property.
- The mid-lease sales team will explain the process and provide you with contact details for DHA Panel Agents in your location who can assist in selling your investment property.
- The Agent will perform an appraisal, advise the price they feel is achievable for your property and discuss the associated fees and charges.
Step 2. Appoint a Real Estate Agent
- Once you have appointed an Agent to sell your DHA investment property, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a Non Panel agent is appointed provide them with the DHA Agent Instructions guide provided.
Step 3. The Sales Process
- The appointed Agent will keep DHA up to date with the progress of sale. Provide your Solicitor with the DHA Solicitor Instructions guide provided.
- DHA will liaise with your Solicitor to ensure they have all of the information necessary prior to settlement.
- If you change selling Agents or withdraw the property from sale at any time, please notify email@example.com as soon as possible.
Benefits of appointing a DHA Panel agent for the sale of your DHA investment property:
Due to the contract arrangements DHA have in place with our Panel Agents, we are able to offer the following:
- Agents who are familiar with the DHA lease and do’s and don’ts of selling a DHA property.
- We can liaise directly with the Panel Agent once your intent to sell has been received nominating the agent appointed.
- We will promote the Panel Agents listing on the DHA website.
- Agents will offer reduced commission rates and advertising fees as per their DHA contractual arrangements.
Rent is subject to abatement under certain circumstances. Rent is paid where the property is habitable. Should a property become uninhabitable during the term of the lease or due to a lessor’s breach of the lease terms, the rent may cease or abate. Guaranteed rent is subject to the terms of the lease. DHA does not take into account an investors objectives or financial needs. Investors should always seek appropriate advice before making any investment decisions with DHA.