Buying a DHA property is similar to purchasing any other property, but with a few key differences. Here’s how it works …
Six simple steps:
Step 1. Register your interest
- Complete the enquiry form or contact DHA on 133 342.
- A DHA sales consultant will contact you to guide you through the sales process.
Step 2. Provide financial documents
- Email your consultant a copy of your finance pre-approval; a letter from your bank/broker stating your borrowing capacity; or evidence of sufficient funds to settle the property (for example a recent bank statement).
Step 3. View properties for sale
- Each fortnight, new properties are released for sale via a ballot system—these properties are labelled with ‘ballot’ and the ballot’s date. Alternatively, ‘buy now’ properties are available for immediate purchase. You can view all properties on our website.
Step 4. Enter the property ballot for your chosen property
- Advise your DHA sales consultant once you have found the DHA investment property for you. DHA will provide the address to assist with due diligence.
- Your DHA sales consultant will enter you into the fortnightly ballot. The ballot takes place every second Thursday, nine days after the properties are released.
- Consider which Solicitor or Conveyancer you will use to assist you in purchasing a property.
Step 5. Property placed on hold and deposit paid
If you are successful in the ballot, your selected DHA property will be placed on hold for seven days. During this time you will need to:
- Pay the holding deposit ($2,000)
Please note: this is the only deposit required throughout the settlement process, and the deposit is fully refundable if the sale does not proceed. The deposit for DHA properties in South Australia is paid upon confirmation of finance.
- Complete the Purchaser Information form supplied by your DHA sales consultant.
- You may also request a purchaser inspection at this stage (optional).
Step 6. Purchase property
Now the contract process begins:
- Your DHA sales consultant will instruct DHA’s solicitors to commence the contracts process to purchase the property.
- It is recommended that you arrange a building and pest inspection, prior to settlement.
- Sign and return contracts via Solicitors.
- Finalise and confirm your finance.
- Arrange building, landlord insurance and public liability insurance.
- Settlement occurs (typically this takes seven weeks from when the Sales Advice is issued).