On this page
Victoria Barracks is approximately 2.2 kilometres from Sydney CBD in the suburb of Paddington. Entrance to the Base is via the Rear Gate on Moore Park Road, open 24 hours. Pedestrians only can also access the Base via the Front Gate in Oxford Street between the hours of 0600 and 1800.
Key collection and returns
Non-LEAP Accommodation Office
Address: Building 96 (level 1), next to guardhouse
Business hours: 0730-1600, Monday-Friday
Phone: 0436 677 050
A/H Phone: 02 8335 5170
- Keys can be collected after 1400 from the Accommodation Office.
- Keys can be collected after hours from the Pass Office, Moore Park Road entrance.
- March out inspections must be booked at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Keys to be returned with rooms vacated by 1000 to the Accommodation Office.
- Inform the office of lost keys immediately. A cost will be incurred for replacement.
A valid Defence pass is required to gain access to this base. Visiting Defence personnel should familiarise themselves with any additional security arrangements prior to arrival. Non-ADO personnel occupying LIA are required to have base approval prior to arrival. This includes members of foreign forces, minors, non-ADO visitors.
- Transit (up to 21 days) - Rooms/Cabins provisioned with soap, toilet paper and towel (replenished and room/cabin cleaned every seven days)
- Permanent/Temporary (≥ 22 days) - You will need to bring your own toiletries, towel and clean your own room/cabin (excluding Duty Officer, Recruit or Cadet Accommodation).
For further information about your room/cabin, contact the base Accommodation Office. It is essential that you are aware of your LIA obligations in accordance with PACMAN, Annex 7.3.A: Licence to Live In.
External groups are required to have Air Base Command Post (ABCP) approval through lodgement of a Combat Service Request (CSR) for visits greater than 48 hours. A DHA confirmed LIA booking does not provide this approval. External groups requiring less than 48hours accommodation must submit a Short Term Transit Request accessed via the Combat Support Coordination Centre (CSCC).
DHA cannot take requests – contact Base PMC for allocation.
Non-duty bookings attract a charge in accordance with Defence policy (FINMAN). Cost recovery will be initiated after key collection by the on-base Accommodation Office. Queries should be directed to the Accommodation Office.
Mess fees are levied by the local Mess Committees in recognition of amenities funded from non-public monies (e.g.: newspapers, Wi-Fi, etc). Mess fees are payable directly to local Mess staff as follows:
- Officers Mess: $15/night, up to 21 nights max
- VIP: $40/night
- SNCOs SGT Mess: $10/night, up to 5 nights max
Non-Duty (all non-duty fees are now inclusive of GST)
- Officers Mess: $41.20/night
- VIP: $69.35/night
- SNCOs SGT Mess: $30/night
Handy phone numbers