On this page
Randwick Barracks is approximately 10 kilometres from Sydney Airport and 8 kilometres from the CBD. Address is 373A Avoca Street, Randwick.
Key collection and returns
Non-LEAP Accommodation Office
Address: Building 41, Garland Street
Business hours: 0800-1630, Monday-Friday
Phone: 0436 662 798
A/H Phone: 02 9349 0606
- Keys can be collected after 1400 from the Accommodation Office.
- Keys can be collected after hours from the Guard House, Avoca Street entrance.
- March out inspections must be booked at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Keys to be returned with rooms vacated by 1000 to the Accommodation Office.
- Inform the office of lost keys immediately. A cost will be incurred for replacement.
A valid Defence pass is required to gain access to this base. Visiting Defence personnel should familiarise themselves with any additional security arrangements prior to arrival. Non-ADO personnel occupying LIA are required to have base approval prior to arrival. This includes members of foreign forces, minors, non-ADO visitors.
- Transit (up to 21 days) - Rooms/Cabins provisioned with soap, toilet paper and towel (replenished and room/cabin cleaned every seven days)
- Permanent/Temporary (≥ 22 days) - You will need to bring your own toiletries, towel and clean your own room/cabin (excluding Duty Officer, Recruit or Cadet Accommodation).
For further information about your room/cabin, contact the base Accommodation Office. It is essential that you are aware of your LIA obligations in accordance with PACMAN, Annex 7.3.A: Licence to Live In.
Book via Online Services for MAJ(E) above. Senior Non-commissioned Officer room for WO1(E) above only may be available ring DHA to book. Contact Mess POC for queries.
Non-duty bookings attract a charge in accordance with Defence policy (FINMAN). Cost recovery will be initiated after key collection by the on-base Accommodation Office. Queries should be directed to the Accommodation Office.
Mess fees are levied by the local Mess Committees in recognition of amenities funded from non-public monies (e.g.: newspapers, Wi-Fi, etc). Mess fees are payable directly to local Mess staff as follows:
- Officers Mess: $15/night, capped at $150
- Officers Mess: $30/night, capped at $150
- SNCO Mess: $5/night, up to $25/month
Non-Duty (all non-duty fees are now inclusive of GST)
- Dormitory Room: $8.97/night
- Single room with shared facilities: $21.23/night
- Single room with own facilities (VIP): $24.70/night
- Housekeeping charged per 7 days: $7.59/night
Bank: National Australia Bank
Account Name: Randwick Barracks Officers' Mess
Account Number: 93-364-4625
Ensure you include your Surname & Invoice Number in the reference box.
Handy phone numbers