On this page
The Royal Military College (RMC) is approximately 5km from Canberra CBD. The main entrance open 24 hours/day, is located on Staff Cadet Avenue off Morshead Drive.
Key collection and returns
Address: Building D0104 Sapper Close, Corner of Aerodrome Road and Plant Road, Duntroon (Located behind the Community Centre)
Business hours: 0730-1630, Monday-Friday
Phone: 02 6113 7333
A/H Phone: 0438 399 648
- Keys can be collected from 1400 – 1600 from Building D0104 Sapper Close, Corner of Aerodrome Road and Plant Road, Duntroon (Located behind the Community Centre)
- Keys can be collected after 1600 from the RMC Duty Room located at Base Security Post/Duty room - Building B47, Miles Road
- Keys can be returned during Business Hours (0730 – 1630, Monday to Friday) from Building D0104 Sapper Close
- Keys can be returned After Hours to the Base Security Post/Duty room - Building B47, Miles Road
- March out inspections must be booked at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Keys to be returned with rooms vacated by 1000.
- Inform the Accommodation office of lost keys immediately. A cost will be incurred for replacement.
Single LEAP Concierge
Address: Knights Road (yellow frontage)
Business hours: 0730-1700, Monday - Friday
Phone: 02 6269 5200
- March in inspections must be booked prior to arrival.
- March out inspections must be booked at least 3 days prior to departure.
A valid Defence pass is not required to gain access to this base however; members are required to display their Defence pass as all times whilst on base – members can expect to be challenged by contracted Access Control guards. Visiting Defence personnel should however; familiarise themselves with any additional security arrangements prior to arrival.
- Transit (up to 21 days) - Rooms / Cabins provisioned with soap, toilet paper and towel (replenished and room/cabin cleaned every seven days)
- Permanent/Temporary (≥ 22 days) - You will need to bring your own toiletries, towel and clean your own room/cabin (excluding Duty Officer, Recruit or Cadet Accommodation).
- For personnel allocated into LEAP, a description of the furniture and linen that will be supplied in your room can be found here.
(If you wish to have any of the furniture removed prior to your arrival to make room for your own furniture, please advise the LEAP concierge office prior to the date of your arrival).
- For further information about your room/cabin, contact the base Accommodation Office or LEAP concierge as appropriate.
Contact DHA for officer rooms COL(E) above only – all other request to base mess POC.
Non-duty bookings attract a charge in accordance with Defence policy (FINMAN). Cost recovery will be initiated after key collection by the on-base Accommodation Office. Queries should be directed to the Accommodation Office.
Temporary mess memberships
Temporary mess membership fees are payable to the Mess in support of services provided by the Mess, eg coffee machines, newspapers, use of Mess property. Temporary member fees are $1 per day. Members who choose not to pay the temporary mess membership fee are not permitted to use facilities or services provided by the Mess.
Payment may be made at Defence Bank at Duntroon Shops or as follows:
- Deposit to RMC-Duntroon Officers Mess BSB: 833 205 Account Number: 2053 5042
- Bank Reference: T/F Surname & PMKeyS
Mess fees may also be paid in cash only during opening times at the Duntroon House bar. A receipt will be issued by bar staff at that time
Handy phone numbers
||02 6265 9408 or
0419 228 561
||02 6265 9467
||02 6265 9587 or
0418 950 809
||04127 482 670 or
0409 783 588
|Officer VIP Rooms
||02 6265 9876 or
0414 394 689
|SNCO VIP Rooms
||02 6265 9070 or
0418 612 9274