On this page
Defence Establishment Berrimah is approximately 11km east of Darwin CBD in the suburb of Coonawarra. The main entrance open 24hours/day is located on Mountbatten Avenue, off Stuart Highway.
Key collection and returns
Address: Building 250, Belconnen Way
Business hours: 0830-1600, Monday-Friday
Phone: 08 8935 4226
A/H Phone: 08 8935 4269
- Keys can be collected after 1400.
- Keys can be collected/returned after hours from the key box in the SNCO (SNCO/OR) or Officers Mess foyer.
- March out inspections must be booked 3 days prior to departure.
- Keys to be returned with rooms vacated by 1000 to the Accommodation Office.
- Inform the office of lost keys immediately. A cost will be incurred for replacement.
Single LEAP Concierge
Address: Building 532, Kapooka Drive
Business hours: 0700-1700, Monday - Friday
Phone: 02 6932 5600
- March in inspections must be booked prior to arrival.
- March out inspections must be booked at least 3 days prior to departure.
A valid Defence pass is required to gain access to this base. Visiting Defence personnel should familiarise themselves with any additional security arrangements prior to arrival. Non-ADO personnel occupying LIA are required to have base approval prior to arrival. This includes members of foreign forces, minors, non-ADO visitors.
- Transit (up to 21 days) - Rooms / Cabins provisioned with soap, toilet paper and towel (replenished and room/cabin cleaned every seven days)
- Permanent/Temporary (≥ 22 days) - You will need to bring your own toiletries, towel and clean your own room/cabin (excluding Duty Officer, Recruit or Cadet Accommodation).
For further information about your room/cabin, contact the base Accommodation Office. It is essential that you are aware of your LIA obligations in accordance with PACMAN, Annex 7.3.A: Licence to Live In.
DHA cannot allocate rooms – contact E&IG POC.
Non-duty bookings attract a charge in accordance with Defence policy (FINMAN). Cost recovery will be initiated after key collection by the on-base Accommodation Office. Queries should be directed to the Accommodation Office.
There are no Mess fess applicable at Defence Establishment Berrimah.
Handy phone numbers
Defence Establishment Berrimah
|Cyclone Warning Information
||1300 659 211
||08 8935 4269
|E&IG – VIP rooms
||08 8935 4910