According to research from realestate.com.au, more of us may actually be prepared to act upon our online property searches this year.
Realestate.com.au researched 4,478 people and most appeared to be motivated. Among those responding to the survey:
- almost 60 per cent say they plan to purchase in 2013;
- 28 per cent say they plan to sell and upgrade;
- more than 60% of those wanting to buy are 18-24 year olds who confirmed they are planning to save for deposits.
- almost 50% of over 65s said they planned to sell and downsize.
- 76% said they were committed to saving more.
News Limited property columnist Andrew Winter observes that in all markets, positivity is often based largely on public perception: “But with interest rates at their lowest levels in decades and housing prices lower than they have been for ages, perhaps it is true, and 2013 will be the year many of us dip our toes in the property market again”. Reproduced in part with permission: News Limited Network, Love affair with property hasn't faded
, 29 January 2013.
Attention: This article is intended to provide general information only. Every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of this information at the date of publication. The opinions expressed in this article do not reflect those of DHA, its staff or agents. Property prices are subject to fluctuation. Prospective investors should seek independent advice. DHA will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expenses incurred or arising by reason of any person relying on information in this article.