Agent Invoices are automatically generated on the first of each month for rent for the month in arrears.
• Agents will be able to view the current open invoice for the previous months rent requirement.
• Invoice details display for each tenancy the rent being invoiced.
• Agents can confirm the gross rent being remitted for each tenancy under management.
• Payment details are displayed for submission of invoice, and payment of rent.
• Agents are required to submit rent as invoiced within 14 days of invoice.
• Agents can view previous completed invoices.
Rent Due Calculation
From April 2015 the method of rent calculation changes to be in all cases:Rent Due = No of Days due x Weekly Rent
Each month therefore will invoice differently depending on how many days in the month.
Prior to April 2015 Rent was calculated as follows: Monthly Rent Due = Weekly Rent x 52 / 12. Part Month Rent Due = pro rata calculation of Monthly Rent i.e. No of Days x [Monthly Rent (as calculated above) / No of days in the month].
Any rent unpaid will be carried forward to the next invoice.
On the first of each month an invoice is automatically generated to each agent managing active tenancies or with outstanding rent payments.
The invoice for the current month is displayed as an Open Invoice
on the Agent Dashboard in DHA Online Services.
Invoices for previous months are available under the Invoices
The left tabs list all invoices with the most current at top. Clicking on a tab will populate the details of that invoice.
The right side of screen lists all tenancies invoiced in the invoice selected.
Each Tenancy key is a link to a detailed invoice history for that tenancy.
The invoice displays:
• Invoice ID
- a unique number for this months invoice to the agent.
• Month Ending
- describes the month the invoice covers.
- the status of the invoice.
- the tenancy for which the charge relates. This links to the invoice history for this tenancy
• Gross Rent Due
- any rent due for the period invoiced and any balance brought forward from the previous invoice.
• Gross Rent to be Remitted
- the agent entry of the amount remitted for this invoice.
• Mgt Fee incl GST
- a calculation of the Management Fee as a result of the Gross Rent Remitted.
• Net to be Remitted
- a calculation of the Gross Rent Remitted less Management Fee.
• Total amounts and Invoice Id
for reference when submitting payment.
Enter rent remitted
The invoice is generated at a status of Pending
The Agent should enter the Gross Rent they have in hand for the tenancy.The Mgt Fee will calculate according to the Gross Rent Remitted entered which will change the Net to be Remitted for the tenancy and the Invoice Totals.
Submit Invoice and make EFT payment
The invoice will display the Invoice ID and the amount to be deposited as a result of the agent's entries.
When the Agent selects Submit Invoice the invoice status becomes Agent Submitted and the Agent must deposit the Total Net Rent displayed. Agents can view submitted invoices but not modify them.
• Deposits must be the amount displayed using the invoice ID displayed as reference.
• Deposits should be made to Account Name: DHA Rental Deposits Acc Bank Westpac Branch Manuka ACT. BSB 032-729 Account 225665
Agent Review Required
If the amount received by DHA is not the Net Rent Remitted indicated on the invoice, DHA will not be able to reconcile the funds and will set a status of Agent Review Required.
The Gross Rent Remitted is then available again for edit by the agent so they can correct the invoice and resubmit details to indicate the amount paid.
The status is set to Completed on the first of the next month when new invoices are created.
Any amounts carried forward will display on the new invoice and the Complete invoice is view only.