DHA have a team of dedicated Sales Consultants to ensure investors understand the unique leasing arrangement and to help manage the sale process.
To find out more, register your interest and a DHA Sales Consultant will contact you.
Step 1. Register with DHA
- Complete the registration form or contact DHA on 133 342.
- A DHA Sales Consultant will contact you to guide you through the sales process.
Step 2. Obtain finance pre-approval
- Provide written finance pre-approval from your Bank/Broker, or evidence of sufficient funds to settle the property, to your DHA Sales Consultant.
Step 3. View properties for sale
- View the properties released for sale. Properties are released each Friday.
Step 4. Select the property you wish to purchase
Advise your DHA Sales Consultant once you have found the DHA investment property for you.
- Your DHA Sales Consultant will enter you into the weekly ballot. The ballot takes place each following Thursday.
- Consider which Solicitor or Conveyancer you will use to assist you in purchasing a property.
Step 5. Property placed on hold
If you have been successful in the ballot, the DHA property will be placed “on hold” for seven days. During this time you will need to:
- Pay the holding deposit ($2,000)
Note: the deposit for DHA properties in South Australia is paid upon confirmation of finance.
- Complete the Purchaser Information form supplied by your DHA Sales Consultant.
Step 6. Purchase
Contract process begins:
- DHA Sales Consultant will submit the Sales Advice to your Solicitor.
- It is recommended you arrange a building and pest inspection, prior to settlement.
- Finalise and confirm your finance.
- Sign and return contracts via Solicitors.
- It is recommended you arrange building and landlord insurance.
- Settlement occurs, typically this takes eight weeks from the date contracts were signed.
Attention: This information is intended to provide general information only. DHA does not accept responsibility for any inaccuracy or actions taken in reliance on this information. DHA may alter its sales process; revise details of a property, sale price, weekly rent or lease term; delay a sale; withdraw a property from sale; and may sell a property to another person at its discretion. Investment is subject to DHA's lease terms and conditions of sale. Investors retain some responsibilities and risks. Prospective investors should seek independent advice.