Step 3: Move in

Moving in

Your welcome visit

You will be contacted by one of our Property Managers who will arrange a day and time to conduct a phone inspection with you. You will need to be at the property for this call.

Your DHA Residence Agreement (DRA) and Inspection Condition Report (ICR) will be available prior to occupancy. You will be required to review both documents, sign and return to DHA prior to your phone inspection.

During the phone call, the Property Manager will:

  •  Provide a brief on the members responsibilities and DHA services
  •  Ensure you have signed and returned your DRA and ICR
  •  Discuss your rights and responsibilities as the occupant
  •  Take you through the Inspection Condition Report, explaining the amenities and features of the home
  •  Provide the location and code of the lockbox to access property keys

Please take the opportunity during the phone inspection to ask the Property Manager any questions about your new residence.

Utility Connection

Telephone, electricity, gas and internet

You are responsible for the opening and payment of any electricity, gas, telephone or internet accounts. We will provide a telephone line, however handsets, if not in the property, can be purchased or rented from a telecommunications supplier at your own expense. When connecting these services, you may need to provide a copy of your DRA as confirmation of your new address.

On-base properties may use gas and electricity supplied from the Defence establishment; the billing process for these utilities will be provided through Defence. For further information please contact your Property Manager or your Defence Relocations Housing Manager (DRHM).

Utility Connect

Moving properties just got easier. Utility Connect is a quick, hassle-free way to have your telephone, electricity, internet, and gas services connected and disconnected. Utility Connect can also offer connection or disconnection of pay television once approved by your local regional office. This is a free service for Defence members and provides you with a choice of service providers.

You can start a Utility Connect application in Online Services after reserving a property. You can request this service before you move so your utilities are connected and ready for use when you arrive.

National Broadband Network (NBN)

As you may be aware, the Australian Government is rolling out the National Broadband Network (NBN) across Australia. The NBN network is Australia's new landline phone and internet network which replaces and upgrades the existing telephony services. It is currently available in some areas of Australia and preparation is currently underway to roll it out to all areas.

As it becomes available, residents are being contacted to arrange the installation.

The NBN Connection box (which will be located inside the property) should not be installed in wet areas, busy areas (where it may be knocked or damaged), hard to reach areas or bedrooms (as the connected modem will emit light).

If you have any questions relating to the installation on your property, please contact DHA on 139 342.

To find out more about the NBN, please visit the NBNCO Website.

Pay television

You will need to complete the Application for approval to connect pay TV form (PDF 127 kB) and return it to your local regional office for approval before connecting this service. If your residence is part of an owners’ corporation or group development, you may also need their approval before an outside antennae or satellite dish can be installed.

Search using Online Services

Login to Online Services to start looking for your next home.

Call 139 342 for login assistance or to set up your Online Services account.