Deployment, field and seagoing

For Members Without Dependants (MWOD) and Members with Dependants (Unaccompanied) MWD(U)

Members Without Dependants (MWOD) retaining accommodation whilst deployed at sea or field may not contribute for defined periods as outlined in the Defence Pay and Conditions Manual (PACMAN).

If you are deployed, or at sea or living under field conditions for a period greater than 22 days, your contribution will be ceased automatically through Defence Pay.  You are no longer required to notify DHA of this occurrence.

As soon as Members Without Dependants (MWOD) and Members with Dependants (Unaccompanied) learn they are deploying they need to consider if they intend to retain their accommodation. If deploying for six months or longer; they should contact Toll Transitions on 1800 819 167 where not retaining accommodation to discuss a storage entitlement.

For Members with Dependants (MWD)

There is no change to your rent contribution during these activities.

You should however; ensure that you have an Appointed agent for Service Residence issues, such as maintenance issues. This can be done via Online Services.

If deploying; you may wish to relocate your family for the period of your deployment for family support. If your family decide to relocate; contact DHA via to discuss any housing related issues.